I am a Texas certified teacher (EC-4) offering private tutoring services for elementary age students in grades PK-5 in the Richmond, Rosenberg and Sugar Land areas.
My area of expertise is helping elementary students who are experiencing difficulty, or who need extra support in reading, writing, language or math. With parental consent, I am willing to contact your child's teacher to discuss specific skills that need to be targeted, and to address areas of concern, so that I can assist in setting goals to meet his/her particular needs.
Tutoring services that I provide are:
* Tutoring for elementary age (PK-5) students in reading, writing, language (grammar and spelling) and math
* Homework and project assistance
* TAKS and other state tests preparation
* Study and organizational skills and habits
Why I tutor:
I am an encouraging, well-organized and energetic teacher who is passionate about each child's education and success. Along with teaching, I have been tutoring students for more than 6 years now, and have seen significant progress in each child's academic success, as well as in their confidence in themselves.
My favorite part about tutoring children is the opportunity to provide them with one-on-one instruction that they oftentimes do not receive in the classroom, and over a period of time, having the privilege to witness their academic growths in all subjects. I also differentiate my instruction to meet each child's individual needs and unique learning styles.
Here are my tutoring goals:
My goal through private tutoring is to see each child excel and be successful in the classroom and beyond.
In order to do that, I strive to:
* provide them with valuable instruction in a fun, caring and positive learning environment
* supply them with encouraging affirmations, so they can gain self-confidence and belief in themselves
* equip them with helpful organizational skills, tips and techniques, to advance their learnings and increase their successes in school
* challenge them to build skills, habits and attitudes which they need to succeed in school
* motivate them to take a personal responsibility towards their learning, and to aim for higher achievement
* prepare them for a solid academic foundation and a lifetime of success by helping them reach their full potentials
* encourage them to have a positive attitude towards their education, and always strive to do their best