We needed central air conditioning for our new home in Castle Rock and we interviewed several HVAC companies before making a decision. We received quotes from: Southwest Heating & Cooling, All Seasons Mechanical, Mr. Cool Heating & Cooling, Parker Heating and Air, and Blue Flame Heating & Air Conditioning.
Out of the five businesses, we decided to hire Justin from Blue Flame for the following reasons:
1) Justin was extremely responsive to both phone and e-mail. (I actually found BlueFlame through Thumbtack, and Justin replied almost immediately after I posted the job early on a Sunday morning).
2) Justin had excellent communication, and always called in advance to let us know that he was on his way.
2) Justin did not try to upsell us on equipment that we did not need.
3) The quote that Blue Flame provided was very competitive compared to competitors.
4) Justin actually took the time to come back and perform a free heat load calculation on our house before we even hired him. Only one other vendor did this and they were not nearly as thorough as Justin was.
5) Blue Flame was the only Rheem dealer, and his competitors could not say anything bad about the Rheem brand of air conditioners. By contrast, Trane dealers claimed that Goodwin was unreliable, and Goodwin dealers claimed that Trane was both over-priced and had poor compressor motors. I don't know if either of those claims can be substantiated, but my online research indicated that Rheem units were very reliable.
6) The estimate, heat load calculation, and work order from Blue Flame were all provided electronically, and contained thorough documentation of the work that was performed. Justin used an iPad to document his work as he went and quickly published the results online.
Although Justin is licensed in Douglas County, he was not licensed in Castle Rock. Normally this would be a deal breaker, but given the reasons we decided to hire Justin over his competitors, we decided to just pull the permit ourselves as homeowners. (Note: In Castle Rock, this is done entirely online, costs $50, and is issued in under 24 hours). I and am happy to report that Blue Flame passed the town's inspection and that all work was completed according to code.
I did use Sun Dog Electric for the electrical work, so I cannot comment on the quality of the electricians that Blue Flame normally employs, but I am sure they would also do fine.
We had Justin install a central humidifier for us as well, which his competitors were not even sure would be possible given the small space in our utility closet (see pictures on Yelp). Justin was able to fit an advanced Honeywell unit into the system just fine. Although I won't know how well it will work until this winter, I am confident that we will be very happy with it.
Justin took the time to explain how the new air conditioning system works, as well as the humidifier, and the required maintenance for both units. He demonstrated their operation, and provided both manuals to us. In addition, Justin recommended an annual system check, which he can perform for only $49.
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the quality of installation and service that was provided by Justin from Blue Flame. If you are currently in the market for a new A/C system or furnace, need repairs, or just maintenance performed, you can stop researching and just call Blue Flame. They're competitively priced, have good products, and provide excellent customer service. What more can you ask for?