How do you lay ceramic tile?
You can lay ceramic tile yourself or with the help of a professional contractor near you. Either way, here are the common steps to properly install ceramic floor tiles:
- Remove any old flooring.
- Carefully examine the substrate for cracks or uneven areas.
- Lay out your ceramic tiles, using spacers.
- Cut your tiles and corners as needed.
- Apply a waterproof adhesive to each tile.
- Apply mixed grout between tiles, scraping off the excess.
- Sponge away any dirt and debris using water.
- Let the tile sit for a week (or a few weeks), then add grout sealer.