How much does a painter charge per room?
The cost to paint a room will vary based on the size of the room, the type of paint you select, any ceiling or trim work needed, and any repairs needed. If no repairs or other additional work is needed, painting a room with contractor-grade paint could range from $1 to $2 per square foot, including materials. Selecting a luxury paint (some cost more than $100 per gallon) will certainly increase your house painting costs. Here are some additional examples of average house painting costs, per room:
- 12x12 room with a 9-foot ceiling: about $125
- 12x12 room with an 8-foot ceiling: about $100
- 14x16 master bedroom with a 9-foot ceiling: about $150
- 14x16 master bedroom with an 8-foot ceiling: about $125
- 16x16 living room with a 9-foot ceiling: about $175
- 16x16 living room with a 20-foot ceiling: starting at $225