A note to our community regarding COVID-19. Learn more

Is it safe to use an exterminator spray?

Thumbtack Editors
Answered

Exterminator sprays and pesticides are generally toxic, and toxicity levels can vary by product. Therefore, it’s best to speak with the best pest control specialists near you to determine the safest way to get rid of your pest problem and reduce the risk of exposure. If a pesticide is needed, it’s likely safer to let the pro spray your home. 

Keep these tips in mind if exterminator spray will be used in your home: 

  • Exterminator spray is not safe to swallow, inhale or touch. 
  • Leave the house when the spray is being applied indoors.
  • Ventilate your home by opening windows and doors upon return. 
  • Keep pets and pet supplies away from the chemicals.

Ready to hire an Exterminator?

You never pay to use Thumbtack: Get cost estimates, contact pros, and even book the job—all for no cost.