Rebecca teaches students of all ages and abilities. Please email Rebecca to inquire about rates and available lesson times. Rebecca's studio is conveniently located near Lawrence and Kedzie in Chicago, IL. Rebecca's studio is easily accessed from Hwy 90/94, and is steps away from the Brown Line (Kedzie stop).
Rebecca's teaching specialties include:
* teaching children to sing
* contemporary singing technique
* belting technique
* musical theater singing technique
* singing at the level of speech
* contemporary and commercial music
* beginning through late intermediate piano
* combination piano and voice lessons
* classical technique
* DMA, Vocal Performance, Minor-Arts Administration
* MM, Vocal Performance, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
* BA, Music Education, Luther College
As a professor, Rebecca has served as an adjunct faculty member at Viterbo University in LaCrosse, WI, Luther College in Decorah, IA, and currently at North Park University in Chicago, IL.
Rebecca has taught:
* Voice at Music by the Lake Academy of the Arts at Aurora University, George Williams Campus in Williams Bay, WI.
* Voice and paino at Rhapsody Arts Center (formerly known as Music by Mickey) in Verona, WI.
* Voice and piano at A Step Above Dance and Music Academy in Monona, WI.
* Voice classes (Broadway Belting Tips, Posture Plus, Sight Singing & Ear Training) at Madison Summer Music Clinic
Rebecca currently resides in Chicago. She teaches private voice and piano; studies classical voice with Julia Faulkner, and CCM (contemporary/commercial music) with Randy Buescher.
Rebecca is an active member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing and its Illinois and Wisconsin Chapters. In 2005, Rebecca was selected to participate in the National Association of Teachers of Singing Intern Program in Rochester, NY. As a NATS intern, Rebecca studied with master teacher Robert Edwin (specialist in belting technique and teaching children to sing).