How do you get rid of mice and rats?
Whether you hire a mice exterminator or not, the advice will be the same: The best way to get rid of rodents is to stop them from getting inside your home in the first place.
For example, you can:
- Seal up gaps and holes in your home, especially near kitchen cabinets, refrigerators, doors, the basement and the attic.
- Store garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids (and take the trash out regularly).
- Put pet food and water away at night.
- Clean outdoor grilling areas and appliances.
- Keep bird feeders away from your home.
- Place traps and baits around your home.
However, consider hiring a pest control company if you’re unable to control your rodent problem with the tips above.