Can I hire someone to organize my house?
Yes, you can hire a professional home organizer to help you get your house in order.
How much do professional organizers charge?
How much do professional organizers charge per hour?
Organizers charge anywhere from $30-$130 per hour for their services. Most clients pay an average of $50-$60 an hour.
Do professional organizers clean?
Some professional organizers may offer cleaning services, including move-out cleaning and deep cleaning. Before you hire an organizer, ask them to provide a full list of their services, along with the price for each offering.
Where do I begin to organize my house?
The first thing you should do is walk through your house and start figuring out what you don’t need. For example, identify which items you want to sell, donate, throw away or keep. Then, tackle each room in your house one by one.
If you need help or if this project is overwhelming, consider hiring a professional organizer instead. You can also read our guide on how to organize your home.
Why should I hire a professional organizer?
Here are a few reasons why you should hire a professional organizer for your home or office:
- They have the skills and experience to organize your home.
- They can teach you how to become a better organizer.
- If you don’t have free time, they can organize your home quicker than you.
When they’re done organizing and decluttering your home, you may feel a sense of relief and less overwhelmed.
What is the fastest way to purge clutter?
The fastest way to purge clutter is to hire a junk removal service — especially if you have big or many items you need to get rid of. By hiring a junk removal company on Thumbtack, you can schedule a day and time for them to pick up all of your clutter.
Are professional organizers worth it?
Hiring a professional organizer may be worth the cost if any of the following apply to you:
- Your home or office is extremely cluttered and disorganized.
- You don’t have the time to organize your home.
- You don’t know how to organize and need advice.
- The disorganization or clutter is causing stress, anxiety, damage to your home, etc.
Ultimately, you need to compare the cost of hiring a professional with the potential benefits you'll enjoy after your home has been organized.
What do professional organizers do?
Professional organizers can organize many areas in your home, including your closet, kitchen, pantry, garage, office, bedroom, attic and more. Some organizers can also:
- Help you get rid of clutter and unwanted items.
- Prepare you for a move.
- Give you advice on how to store your belongings.
- Help you manage and organize your paperwork.
- House cleaning, including deep cleaning and move-out cleaning.
Ask home organizers in your area for a complete list of services they offer before you hire one.