Thomas Wild is a chef instructor at Southern Crescent Technical College. He is a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
His special training and education includes the following:
* Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York; student chef
* Conrad Hilton Hotel, Chicago, Illinois; rounds man (internship)
His certifications are as follows:
* Certified executive chef
* Certified dietary supervisor
* Certified sanitarian by the New Jersey Department of Health
His special accomplishments and awards are as follows:
* First annual Chaine Des Rotisseurs dinner, Playboy Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey
* Annual UNICEF dinner, Fairmont Hotel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Banquet in honor of first lady Roslyn Carter, Fairmont Hotel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* National Restaurant Association culinary arts salon member, grand prize team, and 14 first prizes; Chicago, Illinois
* Elected as president of Tri-county Chapter of American Culinary Federation
* Elected as vice president of the Birmingham Chapter of American Culinary Federation
He has taught the following classes: fundamental food production skills, intermediate food production skills, bake shop and patisserie, garde manger and charcuterie, advanced food production skills, and dining room service.
He is a manager and adviser of the student hot food team, which won one gold medal and four silver medals.