Computer lessons cost $60 an hour, on average. Most people pay between $50-$60 an hour, but prices range from $25-$99 an hour for lessons. Get cost estimates from computer instructors near you for more accurate pricing.
You can take computer classes or lessons from an instructor near you. Use Thumbtack to find top-rated computer teachers in your area, and get price quotes from several experts who seem like a great fit. When evaluating potential instructors, find out if they offer virtual or in-person lessons. You should double-check that they have credentials and can teach you the skills you want to learn.
Some of the most basic computer skills that are worth learning include:
- Utilizing standard programs (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Troubleshooting minor issues
- Installing software and apps
- Setting up internet/Wi-fi
- Running security updates as needed
- Creating presentations and slideshows
- Creating spreadsheets and data reports
Find a good computer instructor near you who can help you learn essential skills.