My services include the following:
* More than 500 documented tutoring hours at WyzAnt with several hundred undocumented hours at elementary, middle school, high school, college, graduate and professional levels. My first tutoring experience was in junior high school, and I have continued to tutor in various subjects all my life.
* Specialty areas - language arts, preschool through middle school math (middle school math education minor requirements completed at Winona State University), test prep including TOEFL, ESL/ELL from elementary school through professional adult and test prep of all kinds
* My students describe me as patient, kind, dedicated to teaching, highly prepared with individualized lessons and knowledgeable in a wide variety of subjects. I seek deeply to understand individual student learning styles and adapt to their needs.
* Tutoring is my primary activity in life at this stage of my career. To that end, I have resumed my education in the field of teacher training. In addition to my previous education and experience, I have completed formal education coursework in elementary school reading and math, elementary and middle school pedagogy, middle school math education and learning developmental theory. I have completed with flying colors eight qualification exams from the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examination (MTLE) (basics skills - reading, writing and math), language arts grades five to eight, language arts grades eight to 12, middle school math grades five to eight, elementary pedagogy (two separate exams required for licensure).
* Tutoring is what I do! All of my recent education has been for the purpose of becoming an excellent tutor. This is the niche in education where I am happiest and most importantly, the most effective. I love the one-on-contact and the joy of participating in a student's experience of understanding and mastering their subjects and tasks. One of my favorite comments that I have heard is "I wish my teacher had explained it that way!" I always explain that teachers are highly trained and do an excellent job, but that my students always have a unique style and questions that are best addressed with the personalized, compassionate and attentive focus that only a tutor can offer. I also emphasize that using a tutor does not mean that they are deficient in anyway whatsoever, but rather, they have been smart to seek out a forum where their personal questions can be answered
* I have taken many standardized tests (PSAT, SAT, ASCP and GRE) and in order to enhance my tutoring, I have taken practice exams for LSAT, TOEFL, ACT, ASVAB and CAAP. While some of these tests were taken some time ago as part of my own personal education path, I can affirm that I have scored in the 95% range on all of them.
* I am available to tutor up to 15 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., every day throughout the year.